All Coaches will need to be certified in the new program. The minimum USA Rugby coach certification requirement will entail the completion of the Level 100 (for a coach of a non contact team), Level 200 (for all coaches of the contact game) Coaching Course and the Player Protection Package. These courses will be provided online at no additional cost and concentrate on familiarizing coaches with the game and essential ethical issues including player safety and abuse.
Articles in this section
- What are the requirements for being an active coach?
- What certification should I be?
- What is the Player Protection Package?
- Where can I find information on upcoming courses?
- Where can I find information on my certification status?
- Are coaches still eligible to register for multiple roles?
- Can I become a member coach without achieving active/certified in the current program?
- What is expected of coaches in the new program?
- What if I do not achieve active status?
- What is professional development credit?